Face masks provide effective respiratory protection from environmental conditions such as problematic aerosols in the workplace, while protecting patients and those in need of care from infections caused by treating staff in healthcare and nursing. Even in everyday life, high-quality mouth-nose coverings such as the so-called "community masks" can help to a certain extent to prevent the uncontrolled spread of diseases.
Depending on the specific area of application, protective masks must meet high quality requirements. As an accredited test laboratory for medical devices and a notified body (No. 0555) for the certification of personal protective equipment, Hohenstein tests both medical face masks according to EN 14683 and FFP respiratory masks according to EN 149. We test everyday masks according to the minimum requirements of CWA 17553:2020 and award our Hohenstein Quality Label for them.
We test these masks for you
- EN 149
- Regulation (EU) 2016/425 for Personal Protective Equipment
- CE marking
- EN 14683
- Medical Device Regulation 2017/745
- CWA 17553:2020
- Minimum requirements in terms of design, performance, packaging, labelling and use
- QuickInfo - Testing & Certification of Protective Maskspdf
- Order Form - Testing of FFP Respiratory Masks according to EN 149pdf
- Factsheet - FFP respiratory masks according to EN 149pdf
- Factsheet - Medical Face Masks: Requirements and Testing Methodspdf
- Factsheet - CWA 17553:2020: European Guideline for Community Maskspdf
- Factsheet - Hohenstein Quality Label "Community Masks"pdf