When it comes to hygienic cleanliness, textiles and their treatment play a decisive role. This is reason enough for Hohenstein to deal intensively with the subject area of applied hygiene. In the field of textile hygiene this includes, for example, the approximately 400 commercial laundries that are part of the German Certification Association Proper Linen Care e. V. (RAL-GZ 992), as well as our customers like numerous health care facilities and manufacturers of medical products, automotives and consumer goods or textile and chemical manufacturers.
Since the requirements can vary greatly from facility to facility, we are happy to develop customised test scenarios for you based on your specific circumstances.
We monitor general occupational hygiene and hygiene management. In addition, our daily business includes the control of hygienic conditions in ventilation systems and drinking water analysis. For kitchens and areas where food is processed, we also offer hygiene monitoring as part of the existing HACCP concept.
One focal point of our topic area of applied hygiene is the study of antimicrobial efficacy against bacteria, yeasts and moulds or viruses, e.g. according to DIN EN ISO 20743 or ISO 22196 (JIS Z 2801).
To monitor the microbiological condition in facilities, we offer professional hygiene monitoring to commercial laundries, clinics, nursing homes, doctors’ offices, swimming pools and other areas. We check critical control points in your facility using the following methods:
- Surface contact samples
- Drinking and bathing water, process water, water from air conditioning systems for legionella bacteria testing
- Testing with various bioindicators for washing machines, dishwashers and cleaning machines
- Determination of airborne microorganism concentration and particle concentration in the air
- Tests to fulfil the German Federal Immission Control Act (Bundes-Immissionsschutzgesetz - BImSchVO)
- Determination of the microbiological purity of cleaning textiles (bioburden) according to DIN 13063
We offer you a wide range of tests to objectively prove the efficacy and safety of functionalised (textile) products. On request, we not only examine products in a new condition, but also take into account the natural ageing e.g. by care treatment in household washing machines or in professional textile care.