You, too, can benefit from the OEKO-TEX® modular system.
The concept behind OEKO-TEX® is modular in two regards.
On the one hand, the individual products in our OEKO-TEX® portfolio let you deal with different aspects related to your product stewardship incrementally at an operational level – for instance, by optimizing your chemical management system, testing your products for harmful substances or establishing fair and environmentally friendly manufacturing conditions.
On the other, the different OEKO-TEX® certifications and product labels themselves are based on a modular principle:
- For example, product certifications in accordance with OEKO-TEX® STANDARD 100 and LEATHER OEKO-TEX® STANDARD 100 explicitly allow the use of certified source materials. The components of textiles and leather products, including yarn, fabric, finished and dyed fabrics, and ready-made textiles, can be certified at any processing stage. In subsequent stages of production, existing certificates for individual findings are recognized, which means that duplicated testing can basically be prevented and the costs for the certificate remain manageable for any company, even for manufacturers of ready-made-clothes producing products with complex structures consisting of numerous individual parts.
- The use of textile chemicals that are certified in accordance with OEKO-TEX® ECO PASSPORT reduces the time, effort and expense involved in testing for harmful substances in accordance with STANDARD 100 and LEATHER STANDARD and in the certification of environmentally friendly production conditions in accordance with OEKO-TEX® STeP. Both systems accept the ECO PASSPORT as proof of compliance with any relevant harmful substance exclusion lists (RSL/MRSL).
- If you have your products tested for harmful substances in accordance with OEKO-TEX® STANDARD 100 and use STeP certification to verify that the manufacturing conditions in your production facilities are environmentally friendly and socially responsible, then you are entitled to mark your products with the OEKO-TEX® MADE IN GREEN label.
- OEKO-TEX® STeP certification for sustainable production facilities in the textile supply chain comprehensively assesses the company as a whole to provide an overall insight into the level of sustainability that has already been achieved. The modules include:
- Chemical management
- Environmental performance
- Environmental management
- Social responsibility
- Occupational health and safety
- Quality management
Some specific benefits that are not to be missed.
- Quality assurance throughout every stage of the textile value creation chain
- Cost savings through the systematic use of previous certificates
- Simplified choice of findings and suppliers with the OEKO-TEX® certificate
- Incremental and systematic achievement of individual sustainability targets (chemical management, product testing for harmful substances, environmentally friendly production processes and socially responsible working conditions, transparent supply chain management, sustainable sourcing, achievement of the objectives of the Greenpeace Detox campaign)