- Resistance to penetration by blood and contaminated liquids under hydrostatic pressure (ISO 16603, ISO 16604)
- Resistance to penetration of the material due to contact with contaminated wet surfaces (EN ISO 22610)
- Resistance to penetration by contaminated liquid aerosols (ISO/DIS 22611)
- Resistance to penetration by contaminated solid particles (EN ISO 22612)
Infectious disease protective clothing enables the wearer to perform a wide range of activities in environments known to be contaminated with pathogens without adverse health effects. Depending on the area of application, it offers protection against contaminated liquids such as blood, aerosols or solid dust particles.
We check for you whether reusable or limited-use protective clothing against infectious agents for use as personal protective equipment (PPE) meets the requirements of the European standard DIN EN 14126.
As an accredited laboratory and notified body (No. 0555), we test and certify infection control clothing in accordance with the requirements of DIN EN 14126 and issue EU type examination certificates for CE marking of your products in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/425.
The tests are also suitable for qualification of protective equipment in rescue services (DGUV Regulation 105-003, Section 4.5 (Protection against infections) and Annexes 1+3) as well as for firefighters according to EN 16689, Section 7.8 (Resistance to penetration by blood-borne infectious agents).
- Independent functional verification of your products
- Compliance with all requirements of Regulation (EU) 2016/425 for placing on the European market enables you to CE mark your PPE.
- Reliable safety for the consumer / user of your protective suits
We test and certify the following protective equipment for you:
- Protective clothing against infectious agents
- Surface material for infection control suits
- Protective gloves against micro-organisms DIN EN ISO 374-5
Penetration according to DIN EN 374-2:2014, 7.2 and 7.3
Protection against viruses according to ISO 16604
- Performance classification of materials according to EN 14325, section 4
- Performance requirements for seams, joints and laminations according to EN 14325, section 5
- Type-specific tests for type 3, 4, 5 and 6 (spray and jet test, inward leakage)
- General requirements according to EN ISO 13688 (incl. verification of labelling and manufacturer information)
- Optional: evaluation of biocompatibility (e.g. cytotoxicity according to DIN EN ISO 10993-5)